MAS BATET (1834) is located in a valley 670 mts above sea level named Valldepera, at the foot of Brufaganya hills, and 1 km away from Sanctuary of Sant Magi (16th century), with medicinal water sources to treat rheumatism and similar diseases, with an unusual natural landscape of centenary oak trees. An area with a strong and devoted tradition to Tarragonas’s patron saint. They celebrate 3 pilgrimages per year. 1st one takes place in the month of May and it is called Aplec de Roses. 2nd one, the Maginets of Barcelona, Vilafranca, Cervera and Tarragona, in August 19th, and the last one takes place the 3rd Sunday of September and it is known as the Waters of Santa Tecla. This last festivity starts on Saturday night with a typical dinner in the countryside by an outdoor fire, and continues during 24 hours.
The house is situated on Pontils road, between the Gaya flowing and Sant Magi road, with hiking and bicycle riding tours to visit the Queralt Castle, Santa Perpetua (with a three-cornered Moresque tower which is the only in existence in Catalonia ) and Santa Coloma de Queralt, a Medieval village with a Jewish quarter and some interesting churches such the Romanesque Rocamora (12th century)
Just 4 Km away, you can practise fishing at Gaya river, visit different water sources, leafy pine forests and enjoy the great variety of flora and fauna. During the tour you can also visit small villages such Valldeperes, Montalegre, Viladeperdius, Santa Perpetua, Pontils, Biure, Bellprat,.. and several catalan farmhouses each one with its own charm in natural landscapes, wheat crops and sunflower valleys.
It is an 18th century Catalan farmhouse built and restored through several periods and isolated from the nearest village, 2 km away from Valldepera.
It is located between Valldepera Valley and the Brufaganya hills at 670 m. above sea level and 1 km away from Sanctuary of Sant Magi. With natural water sources of river Gaya flowing and fishing facilities at 4 km.
Perfect for a country stressless retreat, surrounded by forests and beautiful countryside with paths to go hiking and bicycle riding. You will feel close to nature, surrounded by centenary oak trees. Enjoy privileged sunsets facing the south of the valley with Sant Miquel, or just relax with the view of a starry sky.
• Capacity: up to 20 people.
• Rooms with bathroom, TV, heating and with magnificent views of landscape.
• 2 rooms with 1 king-size bed
• 2 rooms with 1 king-size bed and 2 single beds
• 1 room with 1 king-size bed and 1 single bed
• 1 room with 5 single beds
• Multi-activities room equipped by TV, HIFI, Video, DVD perfect for meetings or celebrations. Small library.
• Games room with billiard table and table tennis table, massages, sauna and gym facilities
• 2 dining rooms, 1 living room with fireplace and TV,satellite TV, 1 lounge.
• Meals (upon request):
• Home made food
• Swimming pool with solarium and grass area
• 2 courtyards
• Ecological vegetable garden, aromatic and medicinal plants, a variety of fruit trees, possibility of helping at farming tasks.
• Farm animals such hens, rabbits, turkeys, gooses, partridges…
• Children playground
• “Pétanque” and other outdoor games area.
• Picnic area with barbecue facilities, “calçotades”, “sardinades”, snacks… (240 mts).
• BTT - bike rental.
• Pet’s area with individual kennels.
• Telephone and Internet…
EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES
Heating, Fireplace, DVD/video, Internet, Pets (consult), Playroom, Public telephone, TV in bedrooms, TV in living room
Rural tourism, Parking, Barbecue, Garden, Close garden, Playground, Swimming pool, Porch, Terrace
Pontils is a municipality of the Watershed of Barberá where there are still above a hill the remains of an old castle of the village, castellot, and close to it there is the Neo Classic church of Saint Martin, from the XVIII century. In the southern part of the `place, above a small hill, there is the hermitage of Saint Eugenia, patron saint of the village. As well as in the municipal term part of the wall of the old castle of Saint Perpètua of Gaià with a close church can be seen. As well as the Sanctuary of Saint Magín of Brufagaña is touristic center of attention. There are itineraries for hiking and BTT, oak trees, medicinal water source, and three annual pilgrimages are held.